Saturday, March 5, 2011

In Response To Kristen


J.C. Penny going green?
This reminds me of our discussion in class about social responsibility. J.C. Penney may be trying to go ‘green’ out of a social responsibility to be good to the environment, or they may being going ‘green’ in order to attract more customers. Either way I feel like it is a good thing to be a socially responsible company. I feel that would absolutely attract a larger customer base. If J.C. Penney were to get rid of a $454 million sales opportunity they are expecting that they will make up in sales with this ‘green’ appearance. I could not see them dropping a multimillion dollar opportunity without projecting to make more than what they are dropping. I wonder if other companies have tried this technique and been profitable?

No comments:

Post a Comment