Saturday, March 26, 2011

In Response to Laurie

I agree that sex sells, I think that most people whether they like or dislike the using of sex as a selling strategy could agree that it is an effective strategy. I personally am not offended by sexual advertisements, but i do see where it can be too much. Some people of older generations do not approve of this taboo of sex being shown everywhere. Also I think that children can  be subjected to seeing these advertisements which could have a negative impact. I do not blame marketing for putting sex in ads, it clearly seems to be working. My answer to Laurie's question; Do you think we use sex in advertisements too much? No. However it can be used in the wrong context. In a children's advertisement for example would be the wrong context. So the question that I would pose would be In what context is a sexual advertisement more acceptable than others?

No comments:

Post a Comment