Wednesday, February 9, 2011

In Response to Abby Hajec

"It costs anywhere between $2 and $3 million dollars just for a 30 second commercial. With the economy on the upturn, do you think people are really in the market for buying a brand new Mercedes?"

I agree with you Abby about how incredibly expensive it is to buy only a 30 second commercial! It's outrageous, but they must be doing it for a reason. The Superbowl is one of the most watched events on television, so marketers see that as an excellent opportunity to show their products, no matter the cost. I don't think that in the economy today people are out rushing to buy new cars, however the commercials are very eye catching. I like The Force commercial by Volkswagon, it kept me intriged because I had no idea what it was going to be about. The other commercial that stood out to me was another Volkswagon commercial for the Beetle. 
 

It will be interesting to see if car sales actually rise or not after all of these Superbowl commercials. How much money  are car companies willing to spend on their advertisements?

No comments:

Post a Comment